This article introduces typical accommodation options available and provides some tips for making the right choice for you.
Once you have an offer of a place at university you will need to think about where you would like to live. If you decide that you want to live away from home, your chosen university typically offers a variety of accommodation options suited to different budget, group sizes and lifestyle preferences.
How could this affect me?
As you spend a lot of time in your accommodation, it is important that you make the right choice for you. You may be sharing facilities such as kitchen and social spaces with your flatmates. Everybody has their own way of living, socialising and thresholds for cleanliness and noise levels.
Consider things you like and don’t like about accommodation before making a decision. These can be related to the size of rooms, noise levels, distance to shops, availability of quiet spaces, the study choices and maturity of fellow tenants, and more.
What to do next?
Find out more about the options available at your university and choose your accommodation
Visit ATU Sligo’s Student Union webpage here to learn more about accommodation available at ATU Sligo.
Questions to think about
- Whether you want to live in a lively place in the city centre, or if you would prefer a quieter location outside of the city?
- Do you want accommodation that offers its own social calendar?
- Do you need an en-suite room?
- Do you want to be close to the University?
- Think about how you will get to University? Will you walk, cycle, travel by public transport?
- How many people you would be comfortable sharing with?
Additional information and links
For those starting at ATU Sligo, there is more information on the Student Union’s accommodation webpage. Accommodation is allocated on a first come, first served basis and so it is beneficial to apply as early as possible.